Acorn Squash Soup with Turmeric
Ingredients for Acorn Squash Soup with Turmeric:
- 1 acorn squash.
- 1 table spoon olive oil.
- 1 cup shredded or diced carrot.
- 1 small onion, chopped.
- ½ apple, diced.
- 1 table spoon ginger.
- 1 table spoon turmeric.
- 1 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk.
- 1½ cups water.
- ½ table spoon salt.
- ¼ table spoon pepper.
- Cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds. Roast in a baking pan for about 30-40 minutes at 400ºF. You want the flesh to be soft.
- In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and onions and saute 4 minutes.
- Add squash flesh, apple, ginger, turmeric, coconut milk, water and salt, and pepper.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 10 minutes.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or put in your Vitamix. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Serve with pepitas, scallions, and parsley.
Leave a Reply